Adoption - First Steps
You’ve Decided to Adopt!
What’s the next step?
- You will need to complete the Puppy Adoption Application.
This gives us an idea of what your family is looking for in a puppy (male/female etc.) Click here for the Adoption Application Contact Us.
- When your completed application is received, and are approved, we will contact you with information about updated litter availability, both current and expected litters.
- Upon approval, a $400 deposit via check, Zelle, or PayPal is necessary to be placed on our wait list to secure your puppy reservation.
- Once the puppies are born, we will work together with you and your family to best meet your expectations (and wishes) while evaluating your perfect puppy for your family’s needs. We have been doing this a very long time and want only the best for you and for your puppy. It is our hope for your family that the next 14 years + be enriched and filled with the joy that comes from the love and devotion of a happy, well-bred and properly placed family dog.
- We allow families to choose their puppy in the order of deposit received.
The Next 8 Weeks
- From birth until the end of week 2, your puppy will be blind and deaf. More importantly, he will not be able to maintain his own body temperature. It is during this critical period that your pup will never be left alone.
- Your puppy will be handled and weighed daily; will be gently worked with each day, kept warm, clean, and safe. Socialization begins early as does a myriad of stimuli; that’s when their little lives start to get interesting.
You will receive periodic updates and pictures of your puppy’s activities and development during their stay here with us.
- Puppies will be ready to go to their new homes and families at 8 weeks of age.
- Balance will be due in full when you pick up your puppy.
- A copy of your contract/sales agreement and health guarantee can be signed at the time of pick-up. A signed copy will be included in your puppy packet. We will not release your puppy until all parties understand and have agreed to the full terms stated therein. You may view our puppy contract here.
- Please let us know if you will be picking your puppy up, meeting us part way or having us courier for you. We will work with you in any way we are able to help get your puppy safely home. Click here for more tips on getting your puppy home!