Guardian Home Program
What is a Guardian Home?
Here’s what the Guardian Home Program (also referred to as a Host Home) is all about:
- We occasionally look for loving homes for our ‘pick puppies’ that are being considered for our breeding program.
- Because our dogs are permanent members of our family, at no time are they ever kenneled or worse- lose their family simply because they have been retired from breeding to make room for additions to our program.
- Consequently for us to continue the high standards, health and diversity of our breeding individuals we look for host homes in which to place these ‘up and coming’ candidates. This ensures that every dog has their own family and forever home.
The guardian/host home program allows those qualifying families a great opportunity to enjoy and have the ‘best of the best’ Labradoodle or Goldendoodle for a minimal investment. In addition FL will provide monetary compensation paid to the guardian family for the ensuing puppy litters.
To be considered you will need to:
- Live within one hours drive of Yorktown, VA.
- Have a fenced in yard
- Be committed to continued socialization
- Provide Crate training and basic safety commands
- Own your home
- Provide all necessary routine veterinary care
- Allow access for breeding/testing appointments
- Reasonable number of hours left alone during the day
As the Breeder, Family Labradoodles (FL)
- Will retain ownership until the breeding agreement is fulfilled and the dog’s career is completed. At that time FL will spay/neuter at our cost and transfer full ownership rights, registration and pedigree to the Guardian. Our use is determined on an individual evaluation and different for sires and dams, usually limited to 5 years of age.
- Pay for all breeding and extensive testing related costs.
- FL will take possession of the dog for whelping and raising puppies and will compensate the guardian monetarily for this period of time.
You will receive weekly updates and pictures of your puppy’s activities and development during their stay here with us.